Friday, October 8, 2010

Ahhh, back to reality...

Really, I want to be back in Holland! 


No this isn't from the Netherlands.  It's taking me a long time to get acclimated to the time again.  I've fallen asleep at 8:00pm every night since returning.  I've been so tired - I think the last 2 weeks is catching up with me.  Anyhow, I started cooking again and made these yummy pulled pork sandwiches for dinner last night.  I'll have to share the recipe later.

I've been going through my pics and will have to do a week's full of sharing.  Some are too dark so I'll have to put some work into them before sharing.  Here's one that makes me giggle...



I had my fair share of Coke light (or Pepsi light) in the Netherlands.  Truike made fun of how much pop the Americans drink.  They, on the other hand, have coffee/espresso machines all over the place over there so you can always get your fix. ;)  Ice is a funny thing though - every time I asked for it, they looked at me funny.  Then, I usually ended up with only 3 small ice cubes.  Europeans like their drinks warm.  According to Kimber, they like their coffee HOT! 

More to come later. ;)

Jill

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill
    Here in holland we drink without ice, we don't drink our soda very cold.
    But when we are at the states we ask for no ice in our drinks.
    Funny people we are.
    We'll hope to meet you again next year.
    love from the twins

    ReplyDelete