Sunday, October 17, 2010

Greetings from New York City!!!


Greetings from Laguardia airport anyhow...we're on our way out now.  What a great weekend!  This is my 2nd trip to NYC, however the first time I was in 7th grade!  I traveled with my church youth group - we did some work in Yonkers/Bronx and went downtown for a day.  Needless to say, I don't remember too much.

This time hubby and I decided to do a long weekend away to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary (which was back in August).  We've tried to see as much as we could while here.  3 days is not long enough for this busy city!  And the people....holy crap...so many people!  We stayed close to Times Square so we saw it at several different times during the day.  No matter what time, there's always a ton of people down there!  I can't even imagine what it's like at the New Year's Eve celebration. 

I've taken lots of pics, of course, here's a couple to share right now....



Rockefeller Center flags.  We were going to attempt to go down to the Today show on Saturday but didn't realize that it only runs from 7:00-8:30.  We were watching it on TV and realized we were too late.



Crazy Times Square at night.  BTW...didn't need my flash for this pic.



The view from Top of the Rock (same as 1st photo)...top of the 30 Rockefeller Center  looking at Central Park. 

That's all I have time for now...catching our flight to PA to get the girls.

Have a great week!

Jill

3 comments:

  1. SO much fun! love that photo of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary- what a fun way to celebrate!
    I ahve a question
    i commented when you were the guest blogger for CK.. and i have not seen the winner posted yet..wondered if you could ask them to pick one? LOVE LOVE LOVE the chipboard shapes, sugar picks and the new colorful sprouts!! have not found a source in town that carries those tho' sadly... Cincinnati area- Mason- Archivers? I try not to order online too much- will go broke :-). was sooo hoping to find a millionth sprout package... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe... you are in my city... NEW YORK CITY! Well I call it my city... even though I've only been once! :) Happy anniversary, 10 yrs that's awesome Jill! So happy you got a long weekend away w/ your hubby, I'm sure you all had a great time and I know a much needed weekend off work!!
    Hugs... Nikki

    ReplyDelete