Friday, September 24, 2010

CK Guest Blogger...

It's kind of amazing to me that I'm a guest blogger on the Creating Keepsakes blog today.  3.5 short years ago I was admiring the blog from my bed.  I was on bedrest with Brooke (our youngest) and I had plenty of time to keep up with TV shows and the internet.  I was following the CK blog and message boards because I had applied to the CK Scrapbooker of the Year that summer.  Here's a couple of layouts that I sent in...

Still love this layout.  I cut out all of the stamped flowers on the front.  Love the black/white with the pink/white accents.
I don't know how many times I changed that "Sour Strawberry" title in this layout.  Look at that face!  I thought I was pretty cool because I stamped on the very popular Heidi Swapp letters. 
One good way to use up all those "extra" letters.  Love that face too!  Cutie Kams!
There's that kraft paper!  Still love this photo. :)

I still like this one.  This looks like something I might still do today.


I was ahead of the times with this one. ;)  All those punched circles forming a border...that's a trend now, right? ;)  Ugh, I see how crooked everything is in these pics. 

I've certainly evolved since then but it's fun to look back.  I guess while I was on bedrest, I was inadvertenly researching my company too.  It was after getting on blogs, forums, applying to the Scrapbooker of the Year and not making it that prompted me to start a company.  The SOY contest was in July of 07' and the concept of Jillibean Soup started in the fall of 07'.  Imagine that...

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jilsy

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Jillibean Soup came along :) Congrats on being a guest blogger at CK today. I'll check back later and see your work!

    ReplyDelete