Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hangin' with the ladies in Celina...

It's Sunday and I'm hanging out on the couch...I've got a terrible head cold and it's knocked me down a notch today.

Yesterday, I really enjoyed the Power of Purple Crop (supporting the Mercer County Family Crisis Network - domestic violence) in Celina, Ohio. Jillibean was asked to attend and teach a class.   I have lots of stuff going on this month and next so I wasn't sure we would be able to attend at first.  I'm so glad we did.  Who knew it would be such an emotional afternoon! 

We had a great card class with ladies from all over Ohio...some who came just to meet me...awww, shucks.  Thank you for supporting Jillibean Soup and me! 

The guest speaker was Lisa Bearnson who is the founder of Creating Keepsakes magazine and a super sweet person.  She shared some photography secrets, a family album (that was created by having a photographer follow her family around for 24 hours), and inspired us to continue to keep preserving our family's memories.   I found myself missing my family and feeling sorry for the little things I've been missing out on. 

Chiara, the woman organizing the event shared some of her own personal experiences with domestic violence and had all of us do an exercise with different domestic violence incidents.  I found myself thanking God that I have such a wonderful husband and support system.  Chiara and her sister have amazing voices and sang the song "For Good" from the Broadway show "Wicked".  It was beautiful and I had to try really hard not to cry (it was right before my class). 

I had no idea that I would walk away from this event with so many new friends and a renewed faith in myself and a praise of thanks for my family.

Thank you Karen, Alecia and Patty for helping with my classes and booth! 

Have a great week everyone!

Jilsy

No comments:

Post a Comment