Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Monday...

It's Tuesday, right?  Well my Monday was - can I say - absolute MADNESS! 

Aaaahhhhhhhhh

To set the tone, I came home Sunday from an exhausting but awesome weekend with friends Stephanie Hunt and Nikki Sivils.  We had a great time creating and talking!  Talking into the wee hours of the morning, that is.  My 6 hour drive on Sunday was increased to 7.5 hours when I had to swing by the in-laws and pick up my children.  Hubby left Sat for work so the kids were with Grandma and Grandpa all weekend (thank you) :).  Soooooo, we were all tired.

Monday morning comes and it's time to get Leah to school at 8:50, Brooke and Kami to school at 9:15.  This is both Brooke and Kami's first full days of preschool (full meaning 2.5 hours).  I was late for both...how does that happen?  I had fifteen minutes to get Brooke and Kami to their school that is 2 minutes from Leah's school.  I decided I had time to go get my favorite morning diet Coke from McDonalds.  Love my fountain drinks.  Ooops, guess I didn't have enough time.  Last kids in both classes.  Oh well.

In my short 2.5 hours of time at home, I'm doing everything possible to stay ahead but it's MONDAY and this was just a CRAZY Monday for us.  Returned phone calls, e-mails, orders, orders with specific instructions and in the back of my mind I know I still need to get my kits done for my Netherlands classes so I can get them in the mail.  Oh yeah, somewhere in this crazy day, I need to make a 3 hour trip to my warehouse, I keep reminding myself.

11:20 comes and I go to pick up the girls...I'm early.  I didn't need to be there until 11:45.  Ah, crap...I had more time I could have been working on stuff.  15 minutes of quick e-mails from my phone. 

11:45 take Brooke and Kami to the babysitters.  Pick up some packaged product at M's house.  Thank you Missey! 

12:15 head off to my warehouse with the packaged product.  I made plans with a friend to pick up Leah just-in-case I would not be back in time.

12:45 I'm headed back home.  There seems to be a fire somewhere on the highway (can only see the black smoke) and cars are stopped.

1:15 phew, got a few minutes to myself.   Then, more e-mails, phone calls, think about designs for minute,  e-mails, answer questions, e-mails.

3:25 off to get Leah.

3:50 off to the bank.

4:00 stop at a store (it's a secret - something I'm working on)

4:55 pick up Brooke and Kami at the babysitters. 

5:30 cook dinner - which consists of mac n' cheese, grapes and carrots :)

6:30 hmmm, can I sit down for a minute.

8:00 everyone is in bed and it's time for me to answer more e-mails.  That's what I get for taking the weekend off.

1 comment:

  1. ok, now i am exhausted from just reading this post!!! lol!

    hope today is better..

    ReplyDelete